The project my daughters did with me!

Image
Here's something I'm rather proud of. . . I have raised two successful babysitters. When they were starting out babysitting, I was as nervous as they were! What if something happens? Will they have to cook? What if the kids are hard to handle? I went over instructions with them right until they walked out the door. I canceled my plans and stayed home in case they called for help. When they got home, I'd want all the details and then go over what to do for next time. They got better and better with each job and my nerves calmed down when I realized they were great babysitters who knew how to keep kids safe AND have fun with them at the same time. Hearing from friends and neighbors what awesome babysitters my daughters are made me so proud!   But now they are getting older and getting different jobs, and spending more weekend nights with friends rather than babysitting, they're ready to pass the torch on to younger babysitters. We had the idea to put together a guide/kit ...

This one's for baby Norah



My good friend, Kate Santos, and I went through our pregnancies together. . . commiserating and sharing good maternity clothes finds. She was due 6 weeks ahead of me, but we both ended up on bed rest and both ended up delivering early. She'd stop by at the hospital after non-stress tests and then the weekend her baby was born, she was just down the hall from me so I could get wheeled down to visit. It was so fun to have her there for a bit. Now we get to go through the newborn phase together. . . anyhow, this quilt is for her cute baby, Norah.

P.S. On this one I used the back pattern, an Amy Butler lotus design, to set my quilt pattern. . . maybe its the lazy way out because I hate marking, but it makes it kind of fun and challenging to find a pattern that ties the quilt together, literally!

Comments

Sara said…
that is so adorable- I love it!!
April said…
Your quilts are seriously the prettiest I've seen! You are so talented! LOOOVE the fabric :)
Amanda said…
juliann. awesome quilts. you are very talented. thank you for your comment about the michael miler fabric. i'm a big fan and i have a bunch of it..i saw that blog about the vinyl cotton the day after my splat mat from land of nod arrived. oh well! thanks for thinking of us. hope all is well with sweet lucy kate. i hear she is adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

hospital buddies