The project my daughters did with me!

Image
Here's something I'm rather proud of. . . I have raised two successful babysitters. When they were starting out babysitting, I was as nervous as they were! What if something happens? Will they have to cook? What if the kids are hard to handle? I went over instructions with them right until they walked out the door. I canceled my plans and stayed home in case they called for help. When they got home, I'd want all the details and then go over what to do for next time. They got better and better with each job and my nerves calmed down when I realized they were great babysitters who knew how to keep kids safe AND have fun with them at the same time. Hearing from friends and neighbors what awesome babysitters my daughters are made me so proud!   But now they are getting older and getting different jobs, and spending more weekend nights with friends rather than babysitting, they're ready to pass the torch on to younger babysitters. We had the idea to put together a guide/kit ...

if these old walls could speak. . .

. . . they'd tell fantastic stories of medieval court life and dragons and castles!




I just saw these fantastic shadow puppets at Kate's Paperie but of course they are sold out! Wouldn't it be fun to make some though? Lucy's into pirates these days. . . I could design a set of pirate shadow puppets. . . add that to the list of projects I would love to do but probably never will. Seriously.

Comments

missy said…
These look so cool!
If only Lucy were closer! The boys are all about Pirates these days. The coffee table is now a pirate ship, all our spatulas have turned into swords, and the vaccuum tube has turned into a telescope. Everynight Max insists on going to bed with ALL his "pirate things". Miss you guys!
Juliann said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliann said…
Similar shadow puppets can be found here on etsy:

https://creatoriq.cc/3zt3xy1

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

hospital buddies