The project my daughters did with me!

Image
Here's something I'm rather proud of. . . I have raised two successful babysitters. When they were starting out babysitting, I was as nervous as they were! What if something happens? Will they have to cook? What if the kids are hard to handle? I went over instructions with them right until they walked out the door. I canceled my plans and stayed home in case they called for help. When they got home, I'd want all the details and then go over what to do for next time. They got better and better with each job and my nerves calmed down when I realized they were great babysitters who knew how to keep kids safe AND have fun with them at the same time. Hearing from friends and neighbors what awesome babysitters my daughters are made me so proud!   But now they are getting older and getting different jobs, and spending more weekend nights with friends rather than babysitting, they're ready to pass the torch on to younger babysitters. We had the idea to put together a guide/kit ...

a race against time

For the most part, we're ready.

The Christmas tree is up.

Lucy helped with some of the ornaments.
Little gingerbread village has survived the snackers.

Stockings are hung by the fireplace with care. (This was a project three years in the making! I've had the fabric forever.)
Christmas cards are in the mail. (Photography by Katherine Wallin, design from minted.com, love their skinny labels!)

Neighbor gifts have been delivered. (Recipe for peppermint bark from allrecipes.com)

Teacher gifts have been given. (Marble magnets "how-to" on not martha.)
The one thing left on my list is to finish Emmie's quilt.

This is how it looked in October.

This is how it looked in November.


This is how it looked yesterday.

It is not a hard quilt. It has just taken the back burner, but no longer! I intend to give it to my baby daughter on Christmas and it SHALL be finished. That will be my greatest accomplishment this month.

Merry Christmas to all, especially to all you out there pulling all-nighters on those last few projects!

Comments

Jenni said…
Can't tell you how much I loved your cute card...your girls are just the cutest things ever! MErry Christmas to you guys...love and miss you!
Huh, I've never seen Mike in a bow-tie.

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

hospital buddies