Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

little projects


This was an impromptu project, Lucy's idea. She wanted to make ghosts for a little Halloween project. I was just thinking of using construction paper and glue, but she definitely wanted something white to drape over something else. So we came up with these little puppets.
Ghost Puppets
Materials needed:
  • Kleenex
  • wide popsicle sticks
  • glue stick
  • markers

For some really fun toddler and kid projects and activities, you've got to check out my friend Janelle's blog, Where are my Mary Jane's?

She updates frequently and has fantastic ideas. She'll also try other people's projects and let you know the reality of how it goes with the little ones. Cute stuff.

Comments

Thanks for mentioning my blog! Your puppets are adorable and your girls'
costumes are even cuter. I can't even believe that hair. I lost my phone after I called you so I got your message way late--sorry I haven't called you back. Hope to see you guys soon. love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies