The project my daughters did with me!

Image
Here's something I'm rather proud of. . . I have raised two successful babysitters. When they were starting out babysitting, I was as nervous as they were! What if something happens? Will they have to cook? What if the kids are hard to handle? I went over instructions with them right until they walked out the door. I canceled my plans and stayed home in case they called for help. When they got home, I'd want all the details and then go over what to do for next time. They got better and better with each job and my nerves calmed down when I realized they were great babysitters who knew how to keep kids safe AND have fun with them at the same time. Hearing from friends and neighbors what awesome babysitters my daughters are made me so proud!   But now they are getting older and getting different jobs, and spending more weekend nights with friends rather than babysitting, they're ready to pass the torch on to younger babysitters. We had the idea to put together a guide/kit ...

9 years and counting

We just celebrated our 9th Anniversary. . . in San Diego! Here are some fun photos from the trip.
This is Lucy's newest move, the "oh my gosh, someone's looking at me" move. Very unusual and surprising for our little show-off. I wouldn't say its bashfulness, I think its more sudden self-awareness.All these photos are from the Mission San Juan Capistrano in Orange County. We took the train up and thoroughly enjoyed it. Notice it is our anniversary trip, but there are exactly 0 (that's a zero) photos of us (hubby and I) together. That's something I need to be more aware while we're out and about. I need to be that tourist that thrusts my camera into the hands of perfect strangers walking by and asks them to take a picture of us together. . . or maybe I just need to train Lucy to do it.

But here is a recent picture of the two of us at a friend's wedding. Seems like just yesterday that I was the one with the up-do and the white dress. . . and the handsome man sitting next to me had more hair on his head than on his face. . . and one of my wedding guests was scribbling a last-minute card to us at the dinner table.

Ah, love.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats!!! You guys are a great couple and I miss spending time with you guys! I love the pic of you and Lucy looking at the water! Sounds like a fun trip to celebrate! See ya soon!!
Heidi Lyn said…
Congratulations! You two are still looking great and your lives are full of amazing beauty and adventure. I love following your blog.
Jenni said…
Happy 9th! Can't believe it's already been that long! Seems like just yesterday. Many happy years ahead my friends!
Happy 9! Looks like you guys had a great time... or, at least Lucy. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

hospital buddies