Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

The Exquisite Corpse

Who knew the Library of Congress was so hip? They're everywhere these days: starring in Dan Brown's new The Lost Symbol, uploading amazing, copyright-free images on Flickr for graphic designers and history buffs everywhere, and now hosting this awesome reading adventure. . .

Our "Exquisite Corpse Adventure" works this way: Jon Scieszka, the National
Ambassador for Young People's Literature, has written the first episode. . . He has passed it on to a cast of celebrated writers and illustrators, who must eventually bring the story to an end. Every two weeks, there will be a new episode and a new
illustration. The story will conclude a year from now. -- from Read.gov

The Library of Congress obviously has dusted off it's old, tattered leather covers and is showing its younger, more colorful content!

Read the first episode here. . .

Find educational links and ideas to go along with it here. . .

Comments

Have you read all of Dan Brown's books? Let me know your fav. They require so much brain power, I'm a little hesitant. Very cool.
p.s. no pressure to make your s'mores; we'd love to just have you and Lucy.

p.p.s. we're coming to Mike's play next wednesday. see you then!
Where do you find all this cool stuff. I can see this as a writing assignment for a class.

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies