Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

two things you may not know about Lucy. . .

1. She's brilliant.
2. She has a highly developed sense of humor for a 21-month-old.

Now, these two facts listed above are probably not all that evident in the hundreds of pictures I take (and post) of her. Oh, she's cute, that definitely comes across, but the picture I'm about to show you will prove that's she's more than just a pretty face. . .
Ta-da! That's the marvelous little scene she put together the other night as Mike and I were fixing dinner or who knows what. . . We've been putting real bugs in jars the last week or so (see recent post) so she made the connection and put these bug puzzle pieces in jars she dug out of the cupboard. Not farm animal puzzle pieces, or shapes puzzle pieces, BUG puzzle pieces. Brilliant.

Comments

katherine said…
pure genius! she is a darling little bug, that lucy lou!!
Jenni said…
oh, how cute!!! That is just too cute!!! Little smartie!
Amy Lynn said…
That is very smart...very smart indeed! It will just keep getting more interesting and more fun as they get older! I'm so glad you are capturing these moments with her. They are the memories I don't ever want to forget with my own children!
missy said…
Funny what those kids pick up on!

Okay, about your Twitter comment... KRIS?! Jul, I had no idea... are you serious?! I thought it was all the 13 year olds who voted for him. Adam should have won hands down!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies