Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

Christmas!

Some pics from our Christmas. . . we spent a week in Seattle at my parents house. Let's start with an outing to Trophy Cupcakes in Wallingford.





Seattle had more snow than they knew what to do with. We made the most of it and played in the snow a little everyday. And yes, its true. . . they sled on the streets in Seattle. Why not? Certainly noone can drive on them!









Lucy in her princess fairy skirt, with her magic wand. . . riding a rocking motorcycle in converse. It says everything.


These are my nephews, Tanner and Ethan, anxiously looking for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. Sleighbells were definitely heard ringing as he visited our neighbors and the boys were sure they'd spot him any minute.


My sister, Jenn, and her little Tori. Below are pics of making sugar cookies with my mom. . . a favorite Christmas activity. Lucy was more interested in eating them than frosting them.




One day, we braved the snowy roads and made it out of the house and went to Alderwood Mall just to let the kids burn off some energy and for us to burn off some cabin fever.



The kids would scramble to be the first to sit on Papa Bob's lap, it was the most popular seat in the house.
At home in Salt Lake:

This is Lucy with her Gramma Linda and Grampa Marion, Mike's parents.


Lucy and her Great Gramma Gwen, my Gramma.

Comments

Unknown said…
I LOVE all the photos. You are so good. I need some lessons and a different camera.

It is amazing how much Luke is in each of those grandkids. I wish I could see them all in person.

Looks like a great holiday.
Annie said…
Juliann, as always, your photos are amazing. But I wanted to point out that YOU look amazing in the couple photos there are of you! And P.S. that rocking motorcycle is pretty awesome. . . how can Santa bring one to me next year?
Annie said…
er, I mean bring it to my kids, right?
missy said…
Hey Sis, you captured some good times with those photos... and I'm glad you were captured in some of those photos too! I miss you guys like crazy. The boys are bored out of their mind without their cousins!
April said…
gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love your pics.
My favorite are Lucy and her grandpa - she will love those. Um and is Mike wearing a santa suit (without the cap?) in the picture with Lu and the tree?

oh.. and that sled!!! I've been dreaming of one of those but have no idea on where to find one... be on the lookout... along with a letter "S".
Unknown said…
FANTASTIC photos, it makes me wish my Christmas was half as photograph-worth and photogenic! You need to be doing magazine spreads, and photo books, and any number of things that we mere mortals can look at and appreciate!
katherine said…
oh jul, i am still here, sorry to not be such a loyal commenter, but as always, i read and love and look at your blog all the time.
katherine said…
ps, glad christmas was so merry and bright! love you!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies