The project my daughters did with me!

Image
Here's something I'm rather proud of. . . I have raised two successful babysitters. When they were starting out babysitting, I was as nervous as they were! What if something happens? Will they have to cook? What if the kids are hard to handle? I went over instructions with them right until they walked out the door. I canceled my plans and stayed home in case they called for help. When they got home, I'd want all the details and then go over what to do for next time. They got better and better with each job and my nerves calmed down when I realized they were great babysitters who knew how to keep kids safe AND have fun with them at the same time. Hearing from friends and neighbors what awesome babysitters my daughters are made me so proud!   But now they are getting older and getting different jobs, and spending more weekend nights with friends rather than babysitting, they're ready to pass the torch on to younger babysitters. We had the idea to put together a guide/kit ...

A Whole Lotta World Shakin'



Paul Newman has always been my biggest Hollywood Crush. My Top 5 Favorite Paul Newman movies are as follows:

5. The Long, Hot Summer
4. Cars
3. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (I made the Hubs watch this with me last night. . . he fell asleep.)
2. The Sting (I've tried to make the Hubs watch this one with me, too. . . he fell asleep.)
1. Cool Hand Luke (I made him watch this one with me when he couldn't fall asleep cause we were still dating and he had to be nice. I also made all my college roomies watch this with me once and eat hard-boiled eggs during that crucial scene. It just might be my favorite movie of all times. If I haven't made you watch this with me yet, consider it your homework from me. . . and please don't fall asleep!)

Comments

hOLLIANN said…
Okay, I just hope he doesn't take his dressings with him to the after life. We sure love them on earth!
Unknown said…
I thought of you as soon as I heard the news. You have always been a true fan of Newman.
April said…
ok - so I'm laughing.... ironically enough, Cool Hand Luke is one of NOAH'S fave movies too - and I can NEVER stay awake either! I don't even know about the boiled egg part!
Unknown said…
I'm totally heartbroken, too! Anytime you need a Paul fix let the hubby snore away and I'll come and be rapt with you! (Though I think Butch Cassidy is my very, very favorite. The egg scene makes me vaguely queasy. But then, I hate eggs.)
This is one of Richard's all time favorites as well! I watched it, and then found myself eating an egg salad sandwich the next day! :)
The Kyles said…
He's great in the Hudsucker Proxy too. very funny. what a fantastic actor.
Nanon said…
You are the first person I thought of when I heard about him!
TheFunYam said…
I knew you'd post something about Paul baby. He was a class act. So glad you dragged us to the movie! His popcorn is fantastic, have you tried it??

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

hospital buddies