The project my daughters did with me!

Image
Here's something I'm rather proud of. . . I have raised two successful babysitters. When they were starting out babysitting, I was as nervous as they were! What if something happens? Will they have to cook? What if the kids are hard to handle? I went over instructions with them right until they walked out the door. I canceled my plans and stayed home in case they called for help. When they got home, I'd want all the details and then go over what to do for next time. They got better and better with each job and my nerves calmed down when I realized they were great babysitters who knew how to keep kids safe AND have fun with them at the same time. Hearing from friends and neighbors what awesome babysitters my daughters are made me so proud!   But now they are getting older and getting different jobs, and spending more weekend nights with friends rather than babysitting, they're ready to pass the torch on to younger babysitters. We had the idea to put together a guide/kit ...

An update on the house. . .

Well, progress is being made upstairs at the house, slowly but surely. And pictures of drywall and primer and unfinished floors aren't all that exciting, so I'll wait till you can see a little more to show pictures. But we do have ceilings and walls and doors and cabinets and hard wood floors by now. This week floors are being finished and then left alone for three days that noone can walk on them while they dry/cure/set? Then the painters need to finish up. . . then the light fixtures get put in. . . then the window coverings need to go up. . . then the locks need to be changed. . . then the countertops can go in. . . and when the rest of the tile comes in for the bathroom (yours truly WAY under-ordered) the tub surround can be finished. . . then the bathroom walls can be plastered. . . then the toilet and sink can go in. . . what am I missing? Oh, when all that is done, THEN we can move in!

The photo above is of one of the doors downstairs. . . one of the only surfaces in the house we did not repaint or refinish or redo. I couldn't! I fell in love with these old green doors and the beautiful old escutcheons and knobs.

Comments

missy said…
I wouldn't change that door one bit either... I love it! It's really too bad TLC or HGTV hasn't been following this remodel... I'm sure it would have been a hit!
TheFunYam said…
I cannot wait to see this finished house, especially after seeing the masterpiece you made of your condo. And those bumpers! Really? In a rush?! From scratch?! You are so talented Jul, every thing you touch is art. HOW CAN ONE PERSON BE SO TALENTED??? Love you!
Kristine said…
i am so excited for you to post more pictures! you have such great taste! the remodel sounds like hard work but I bet it is so rewarding.
hOLLIANN said…
A big thanks for Katherine! She got the cutest picture of my little boy that just gave her a sour face all day. Yea for Katherine!
brooklyn said…
no wonder you fell in love with them. they are georgeous. i'm glad you didn't paint the doors or take them out.

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

hospital buddies