The project my daughters did with me!

Image
Here's something I'm rather proud of. . . I have raised two successful babysitters. When they were starting out babysitting, I was as nervous as they were! What if something happens? Will they have to cook? What if the kids are hard to handle? I went over instructions with them right until they walked out the door. I canceled my plans and stayed home in case they called for help. When they got home, I'd want all the details and then go over what to do for next time. They got better and better with each job and my nerves calmed down when I realized they were great babysitters who knew how to keep kids safe AND have fun with them at the same time. Hearing from friends and neighbors what awesome babysitters my daughters are made me so proud!   But now they are getting older and getting different jobs, and spending more weekend nights with friends rather than babysitting, they're ready to pass the torch on to younger babysitters. We had the idea to put together a guide/kit ...

floating googly eyes


Still without my normal setup, but that doesn't mean I can't post from the trenches! I'm sitting in a McDonald's parking lot with my laptop so I can catch up on email and every one else's blogs, I feel so out of touch!

Sorry the color is so bad on this photo, I took it with my cell phone the other night at my 4-year old nephew's b-day party. We went to the Spaghetti Factory and for some reason my oldest nephew Sam brought along some googly eyes. When his mom got up to go to the bathroom, her minestrone soup arrived and was soon embellished with some floating eyeballs and a carrot stick mouth. Cracks me up.

I think I may start carrying googly eyes in my bag, just to have in times like these. . .

Comments

Are you kidding me??? McDonald's? Next time it better say, "hey guys, I'm setting up from the Larsen home..."

Mi internets es su internet. Or something like that.
Oh... and awesome pic/story. That cracks me right up too.
The Kyles said…
that's a fantastic idea! Oh the possibilities that googly eyes open up....
Thanks for making me laugh out loud!
missy said…
Funny! That is such a boy thing. I can't wait to hear what they think of next!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

hospital buddies