The project my daughters did with me!

Image
Here's something I'm rather proud of. . . I have raised two successful babysitters. When they were starting out babysitting, I was as nervous as they were! What if something happens? Will they have to cook? What if the kids are hard to handle? I went over instructions with them right until they walked out the door. I canceled my plans and stayed home in case they called for help. When they got home, I'd want all the details and then go over what to do for next time. They got better and better with each job and my nerves calmed down when I realized they were great babysitters who knew how to keep kids safe AND have fun with them at the same time. Hearing from friends and neighbors what awesome babysitters my daughters are made me so proud!   But now they are getting older and getting different jobs, and spending more weekend nights with friends rather than babysitting, they're ready to pass the torch on to younger babysitters. We had the idea to put together a guide/kit ...

Friendship Quilt for Alice


I wanted to thank you all for contributing to the Friendship Quilt we put together for Alice Edvalson. She was so thrilled to be presented with it at the Christmas party and really was touched. And I want you to know, that it has been complete and delivered to Alice where she had a quilt stand ready to display it on! It turned out beautiful and was a fun project. Thanks again for taking the time to let Alice know how grateful we are to her for her years of service as our Sugar House Ward Relief Society President and how much we love her.

The friendship quilt is a wonderful tradition that is hundreds of years old. Quilts were often made by church congregations to give to their departing pastors and their families as they were moving on to another town or parish. Luckily, Alice isn't going anywhere, but we can still thank her for a job well done.

Comments

April said…
k, I love the look on cute Alice's face! What a beautiful gift :)

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

hospital buddies