Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

Warning: This is neither cute nor fun nor crafty. . . but it is important

So, somehow I missed this news story, "Living wills easier to get in Utah," that KSL reported about the new and easy procedure Utah Legislature has adopted to make it easier to make your dying wishes known and legal.
It's a topic no one likes to think about but every family needs to discuss: end-of-life care. A new law went into effect this year that simplifies the process of getting a living will. . .

In 1990, a 26-year-old woman suffered a heart attack and lapsed into a coma. Fifteen years later, the decision to take her off life support turned into a historic legal battle, and all because Terry Schiavo didn't have a living will. . .

The new form is less confusing and easier to execute. No attorney or notary is necessary. It just needs to be signed in the presence of a witness who is not related to you by blood or marriage, entitled to any portion of your estate, the beneficiary of a life insurance or trust, financially responsible for your support or medical care, a health care provider who is providing care, or your appointed agent.
I hope that anyone out there that might be reading and lives in Utah takes a minute to print and fill out this form. It's not fun, but it is extremely important and can save your family at least part of the heartbreak of future tragedy.

Here is the link to the pdf.

And just so I don't end on a downer, I'm going to put up a link to April's pictures of Mini's Cupcakes, because mmm mmm. . . I totally gotsta to get me some of those!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Like you said, not fun - but extremely important. Thanks for the link. I'll score some brownie points with the boss for that one. (He does financial planning in all aspects and his main thing he teaches is being prepared and having your family prepared.) So - thanks.

And iThink you're great!
Unknown said…
I am so glad we have our living will. I hope we never need it but I want to be the one who has made the decisions if it comes to that.

THanks.

And - those cupcakes look DIVINE!!
katherine said…
dang jul, how ridiculously boring yo. jk, you know that i love you. can we go get some cupcakes again?
April said…
k - Iove the post title and I love that you threw the cuppies in there! They were delicious and also, I think that living wills are a good idea. Thank you for the reminder. And I (again) liked your purple shirt on Friday.
Anonymous said…
Juliann! Hey it's Nicole Petersen, just droppin' in to say how much I love your creative and crafty blog! I am so glad I have it and that I can get some way cute ideas from you! Hey we're sorry we missed out for the SuperBowl... I don't know who you guys were rootin' for but we're sad the Patriots lost. Anyways... I'll see ya around!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies