Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

Projects from my hospital bed

So, you wouldn't believe it, but the day after my last post I was admitted to the hospital. . . and no, I didn't remember to bring the cute receiving blanket. I didn't bring anything! I really thought I'd go in for a quick check and be right back out. To make a long story short, my water broke on Saturday, July 21st when I was exactly 30 weeks along (10 weeks too soon for those of you not used to counting and calendaring in weeks) and they put me on immediate hospital bed rest for 4 weeks hoping to keep the baby exactly where she is as long as possible by not letting me go into preterm labor or develop any infections, etc.

Time has gone by quicker than I thought it would. . . so far, we're two weeks down and two to go. Not bad. So many friends and family have called or come to visit and help me pass the time. They've brought good treats and healthy dinners so I don't have to eat hospital meals 3 times a day. . . they've brought how-to books and Harry Potter books and magazines that run the gamut from trashy to ridiculous to insightful and inspiring. . . my hubby brought in his own birthday present, a nintendo wii, and I can now golf and play tennis right from my hospital bed!. . .

My Gramma Gwen brought in a cute pink flannel receiving blanket for me to do a crocheted edge on, a perfect little bed rest project. I don't know if you can find these kits outside of Utah. My mother, who lives in Seattle, always makes a trip to the Cotton Shop when she comes to visit to stock up on these, they make such nice baby gifts. Here's a link to a site with step-by-step instructions on how to do the actual edge. I'll have to include a pic when my sentence is up. . .

Comments

katherine said…
oh jul, i just don't know what to say except for that you amaze me. you have the best attitude. i just admire you!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies