Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

Christmas Gifts











For the last couple years, my family has been exchanging hand-made gifts. It's been a wonderful tradition . . . both make the gifts and see what my talented family comes up with. The top pic is of Wind Chimes mad from old silverware by my sister, Missy. In the middle, is a fun "Date Night Kit" from my sister, Shannon. (Also notice the Date Night Mix CD from her husband, Matt.) And then on bottom, a Jingle Bell wreath made by my sister, Jenn.
It was fun to be able to spend time with my family in Seattle this Christmas. I think at one point there were 18 people staying at my mom's and dad's house! Yikes! But again, it was just neat to be able to be there all together. My brother even made it from Guam for a couple weeks vacation. My sweet Gramma Gwen was there and all five of the Luke grandsons. They are constant entertainment, they're the ones pictured on the title page I posted a couple entries ago. Anyhow, I love them all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies