The project my daughters did with me!

Image
Here's something I'm rather proud of. . . I have raised two successful babysitters. When they were starting out babysitting, I was as nervous as they were! What if something happens? Will they have to cook? What if the kids are hard to handle? I went over instructions with them right until they walked out the door. I canceled my plans and stayed home in case they called for help. When they got home, I'd want all the details and then go over what to do for next time. They got better and better with each job and my nerves calmed down when I realized they were great babysitters who knew how to keep kids safe AND have fun with them at the same time. Hearing from friends and neighbors what awesome babysitters my daughters are made me so proud!   But now they are getting older and getting different jobs, and spending more weekend nights with friends rather than babysitting, they're ready to pass the torch on to younger babysitters. We had the idea to put together a guide/kit ...

Title Page


Title
Originally uploaded by juliannmarie.
This is the title page for the book we put together for my family for Christmas. Hubby wrote it and I illustrated it. It was a fun project and took us about a week from start to finish under a tight deadline. It had to be ordered by the 17th in order to be printed, bound, shipped and received by Christmas . . . we made it, but just barely. Now why couldn't I have done that months ago and saved myself some stress? Maybe next year. I also vow to have Christmas cards and labels printed and ready by sometime next October.

Visit flickr to see other images from the book. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. We printed it through Snapfish and the printing quality and resolution were terrific. It printed a little darker than I expected so I'll take that into account next time and the cover has a cut out square to reveal the image of the title page. It printed maybe a 1/4 or 1/8th of an inch closer to the binding than the preview image showed, so mine looks slightly off center. But those are my only complaints.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

hospital buddies