Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

Denyse Schmidt Quilt-a-long


Based on "A Day at the Beach," this is actually a baby blanket rather than the full-size beach blanket (and without the brilliant stone-holding corners). It's only about 45 x 45", which of course made it pretty quick to do. I stayed close to Denyse's color choices (because I love them so!) but went with browns instead of blacks to make it a little gentler for my friend's new baby boy. (She's a hip architect who specializes in green building materials, so I had the challenge of making something eco friendly and not cutesy. . . this colorful, all-cotton quilt was perfect!)

In fact, I can't tell you how much I love the way this blanket turned out. . . I make a lot of baby blankets for friends and this is probably my favorite. I have enough material to do another, so I'll start soon, but the next one will be opposite, lime green and brown on the front with the turquoise dip-dyed fabric on the back. And maybe I'll keep that one! My modern-asthete-husband even approved and he's hard to please! I think I'll hand quilt next time, the machine quilting is not my strong point. Oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies