This is a fairly modern baby quilt I made for some dear friends' new baby. . . James. I have to give props to Denyse Schmidt for the design (don't you love her?) which is based on her series of Rugby Stripes work quilts. I really enjoyed a podcast I heard a while back where she was interviewed by craftsanity and she said she was glad she's inspired quilters out there and doesn't mind if they mimic her work, it is the greatest form of flattery, right?
Anyhow, my dimensions, if you want to know, are:
- Thick stripes (4 brown and 3 blue) 5.5" x 36"
- Thin stripes (6 maroon and deep red) 1.5" x 36"
- one yard of 45" wide fabric for the back
- 1 1/4 yard of solid red for bias tape, with plenty left to bind another quilt or two
- Final size is about 36 x 42"