Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

no drama diorama

 Inspired by an old Martha Stewart Kids mag (Winter/Spring 2003), Lu and I made a dinosaur diorama. Martha's examples can be seen here.
Ours may not get hung on a wall or passed on to Lucy's grandchildren, but it was a fun project to do together and maybe she'll keep the memories around longer than the diorama. Her preschool's theme for the week was Dandy Dino's and she was assigned to do a "Show and Teach" so this was perfect to take. We sorted through the bag of cheap dinosaurs we'd picked up at Target a while ago and found her favorite ones. We hunted in the yard for rocks and plants that might look like little trees and cliffs. We cut and glued pics from magazines and we hot glued it all in place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies