Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

cold cookie pie


I just made up that name. I made up the pie, in fact. Based on an old standard but customized for a serious cookie lover, this is what I made for hubby's birthday.

Cold Cookie Pie

1 pkg double stuffed oreos, crushed
1/2 c peanut butter
3 T milk
1/4 C powdered sugar
1 carton cookie-dough ice cream
1 jar hot fudge
1 tub cool-whip lite
chocolate chip cookies for decor

Crust: Line the bottom of a springform pan with wax paper. Crush the package of oreos, stuffing and all, in a food processor or blender. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Freeze.

Peanut butter layer: Mix peanut butter, milk and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread over the frozen oreo crust. Freeze.

Ice Cream layer: Let a carton of ice cream soften up on the counter (10-15 minutes). Spread over the frozen peanut butter layer. Freeze.

Hot Fudge layer: Heat a jar of hot fudge only till its warm enough to spread over the ice cream. Freeze again.

Top layer: Finish off with a layer of whipped cream and some chocolate chip cookies for decor.

At serving time, pop off the outside rung of the springform pan and slide off the bottom onto a serving plate. Serve and enjoy!

**Update: This recipe is a finalist in cakespy's "So You Wanna Be a Cake Spy?" contest! So excited! Go and vote for me if you get a second! But seriously, if you are tempted and swayed to vote for one of the other finalists I'd completely understand. They all look AMAZING!**

Comments

Janet said…
This looks so delicious! I'm trying it for sure, thanks for sharing your recipe. :)

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies