Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

sunny seattle

The girls and I spent the most glorious two weeks in sunny Seattle earlier last month. . . that's right, I said sunny Seattle. . . and there is not much better than when the sun is out in Seattle and everyone is excited to be outside. Emmie and Gramma Leen Cousin Max




Lucy at the Forest Park petting zoo. She for some reason decided this goat was cold and she had to keep it warm.

Emmie working on her answer to, "What does a goat say?"
Pony rides, too!


Max's first time ever in the saddle.

Cousin Tanner's first time ever in the cockpit.

It was fleet week in Seattle, in connection with Sea Fair. We toured the USS Bonhomme Richard
which is an Amphibious Assault ship and was so cool. So. Cool.


Lucy and Auntie Missy peeking out of a tank.

Tanner thought he might stow away.

Papa Bob was on Emmie duty.







We even spent a day at the beach! A sandy beach! at Golden Gardens Park.

Missy and her boys.

Tanner and a crab claw.

Missy pinching Jeremy with the same crab claw.

Lucy got buried in sand.

Her swimsuit will never be the same.

Fun on the trampoline.





Emmie claimed her spot on Papa Bob's lap.

And his kayak which was her one little playground.







One weekend we took the train down to my sister's in Vancouver, WA. Went to the Clarke County fair and then into Portland.



The line at Voodoo Doughnuts.


. . . everyone agreed. . .

. . . it was worth the wait.

Multnomah Falls.

Some cute little wood elves we found along the way.

Matching outfits.

Matching hair.


Comments

missy said…
Love, Love, Love the pics! What a fun time that was. Seems to me you captured all the memories except the mysterious troll picnic!! : ) Love ya!
LOVE the pics! We missed out! I want to have a troll picnic! Lov eyou all.

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies