Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

shopping list

I'm being induced a week from today. This baby's a coming. A lot of people ask if I feel ready. . . the answer is almost. Others ask if we've had to buy anything at all since its another girl and we already had everything. . . the answer is almost nothing. But just for fun, and 'cause I'm excited about my new baby purchases and gifts I thought I'd share my shopping list.

BabyBjorn Travel Crib Light - Silver (Thank you Sugar House Friends!)

Baby Monitors - Up for suggestions as to best brand and style


(This set was came as a gift from a friend. . . I totally had my eye on them, perfect for a summer baby.)



I don't scrapbook, and I'm horrible about photo albums (everything stays digital) but Baby Books I can do. In fact, my mom kept one for each of us kids and I loved looking through it. I think its a really good tradition to keep. . . This one is by one of my favorite illustrator/watercolorists, Sara Midda. Her little sketches and characters can only be described as charming.


Your Birthday Book (2 copies!)
This is so cute, it helps you chronicle your kids birthdays through keepsakes, photos, and fun interviews. I like the design and the set-up and I think I can keep up with this. . .


Comments

Kate said…
we were thinking about you guys a couple nights ago, and wondering if the babe had come:) good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies