Thursday, October 23, 2008

Uh-oh!




Well, my curious, quick, fearless toddler grabbed a warm curling iron and wouldn't let go. She badly burned the inside of her pointer finger and thumb. After a trip to the KidsCare and a trip to the U of U burn clinic, multiple bandages, a bottle of Loratab elixir, and a sad baby we're left with moderate blisters that she won't keep wrapped and keeps forgetting to go easy on. I try to at least keep a sock on her hand so she won't use that one to pick things up, but everything eventually comes off. What can you do except keep curling irons completely out of reach from now on. . . duh.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, poor Lucy! That is definitely one of my fears and I am sure it happens all the time. Maybe the awesome photography makes up for it--that "uh-oh" photo is priceless and will be enjoyed for years to come!

mushroommeadows said...

poor baby...hope she gets better soon!

missy said...

We had a close call once and I'm grateful it didn't lead to any burns or bandages. Oh poor little Lucy, those pictures broke my heart! At least you know that it won't happen again. Kiss her booboo for auntie!

Groethe Family said...

That happened with my first boy with a hot iron. It was HORRIBLE! They put his little hand in a cast thingy that he couldnt take off though.