Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

eh, voila!


My first batch of Spoonflower fabric arrived this week (Spoonflower lets you print your own fabric!) and I had a little party when I opened the package. . . it's gorgeous. I'm thrilled with it! I wrote and illustrated this little soft book for my first project and have more in the works. This print-your-own fabric thing really has my motor running, possibilities are endless, seriously.

I put the first book together as soon as hubby was at the gym and baby was asleep, I could hardly wait. . . posted today on etsy, but Lucy gets to keep this first edition. Eeek! Giddy like a kid about to eat a super sweet, sloppy totally awesome sandwich. . .

Comments

April said…
JULES!! THat is awesome - like christmas. I love how the sandwich opens up at the end!
Ohhh I just love it - congrats!
Jane said…
COOOO-oool!!! Congrats. It looks great. What a fun book.
hOLLIANN said…
where is your etsy...I want one.
missy said…
No way sis, this is amazing! I'm so excited for you, it turned out better than I could have ever imagined! You seriously know how to make a "Totally Awesome Sandwich"!
Holly said…
It's so cute! Even though my kids are a little old for it, I totally want to buy one.
The Kyles said…
you are right. It is a totally awesome sandwich. Really cool book.
Unknown said…
I was uploading some photos of my swatches that I just got from Spoonflower and I noticed your awesome book in the pool. I just had to come over and tell you how terrific your soft book is, and check out your blog. Karen
Unknown said…
turned out amazing - but no surprise. super talented!!
Amanda said…
WOW. You are fabulous. How fun! The possibilities seem endless. I can't wait to see more.

Hope you guys are well! Good luck on your travels to Japan!
Vanessa said…
That does call for a party! Congratulations! What a fun book. Can't wait to see your next endeavor.
katherine said…
how did i not comment on this until now (way behind on being a good friend!)! But, Jul, it is so cool!! you have such talent! and that really is such a totally awesome sandwich!
Anonymous said…
This is the most brilliant use of spoonflower I've seen.. endless possibilities!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies