Friday, October 03, 2008

eh, voila!


My first batch of Spoonflower fabric arrived this week (Spoonflower lets you print your own fabric!) and I had a little party when I opened the package. . . it's gorgeous. I'm thrilled with it! I wrote and illustrated this little soft book for my first project and have more in the works. This print-your-own fabric thing really has my motor running, possibilities are endless, seriously.

I put the first book together as soon as hubby was at the gym and baby was asleep, I could hardly wait. . . posted today on etsy, but Lucy gets to keep this first edition. Eeek! Giddy like a kid about to eat a super sweet, sloppy totally awesome sandwich. . .

12 comments:

April said...

JULES!! THat is awesome - like christmas. I love how the sandwich opens up at the end!
Ohhh I just love it - congrats!

Jane said...

COOOO-oool!!! Congrats. It looks great. What a fun book.

hOLLIANN said...

where is your etsy...I want one.

missy said...

No way sis, this is amazing! I'm so excited for you, it turned out better than I could have ever imagined! You seriously know how to make a "Totally Awesome Sandwich"!

Holly said...

It's so cute! Even though my kids are a little old for it, I totally want to buy one.

The Kyles said...

you are right. It is a totally awesome sandwich. Really cool book.

KarenHarveyCox said...

I was uploading some photos of my swatches that I just got from Spoonflower and I noticed your awesome book in the pool. I just had to come over and tell you how terrific your soft book is, and check out your blog. Karen

Annie P said...

turned out amazing - but no surprise. super talented!!

Amanda L. said...

WOW. You are fabulous. How fun! The possibilities seem endless. I can't wait to see more.

Hope you guys are well! Good luck on your travels to Japan!

Vanessa said...

That does call for a party! Congratulations! What a fun book. Can't wait to see your next endeavor.

katherine said...

how did i not comment on this until now (way behind on being a good friend!)! But, Jul, it is so cool!! you have such talent! and that really is such a totally awesome sandwich!

Brooke said...

This is the most brilliant use of spoonflower I've seen.. endless possibilities!