Monday, September 29, 2008

A Whole Lotta World Shakin'



Paul Newman has always been my biggest Hollywood Crush. My Top 5 Favorite Paul Newman movies are as follows:

5. The Long, Hot Summer
4. Cars
3. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (I made the Hubs watch this with me last night. . . he fell asleep.)
2. The Sting (I've tried to make the Hubs watch this one with me, too. . . he fell asleep.)
1. Cool Hand Luke (I made him watch this one with me when he couldn't fall asleep cause we were still dating and he had to be nice. I also made all my college roomies watch this with me once and eat hard-boiled eggs during that crucial scene. It just might be my favorite movie of all times. If I haven't made you watch this with me yet, consider it your homework from me. . . and please don't fall asleep!)

8 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

Okay, I just hope he doesn't take his dressings with him to the after life. We sure love them on earth!

Annie P said...

I thought of you as soon as I heard the news. You have always been a true fan of Newman.

April said...

ok - so I'm laughing.... ironically enough, Cool Hand Luke is one of NOAH'S fave movies too - and I can NEVER stay awake either! I don't even know about the boiled egg part!

Surly Temple said...

I'm totally heartbroken, too! Anytime you need a Paul fix let the hubby snore away and I'll come and be rapt with you! (Though I think Butch Cassidy is my very, very favorite. The egg scene makes me vaguely queasy. But then, I hate eggs.)

Richard & Analeis said...

This is one of Richard's all time favorites as well! I watched it, and then found myself eating an egg salad sandwich the next day! :)

The Kyles said...

He's great in the Hudsucker Proxy too. very funny. what a fantastic actor.

Nanon said...

You are the first person I thought of when I heard about him!

TheFunYam said...

I knew you'd post something about Paul baby. He was a class act. So glad you dragged us to the movie! His popcorn is fantastic, have you tried it??