Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

Last year at this time. . .

we were in France for the wedding of our friends Virginie and Cedric. . . I realized I never posted pictures because I went into the hospital on bedrest so soon after we got home. Their wedding was out in the country in the Alsace region of France and was held at a beautiful old church (where Mike got to sing Ave Maria for their ceremony!) and then the reception and all night feast was held at this amazing, 17th century chateau.After the wedding, we spent some time in Paris where we fell in love with the city of lights. . .
That's plenty for today, but I have more I'll post tomorrow.

Comments

April said…
oh I love the pictures - such a gorgeous wedding. Wouldn't it be so nice to be there now?
If it weren't for WW I'd bring you a macaroon or pan au chocolate right now...

p.s. One of these days you need to show me how to arrange my pics on the blog like that!
TheFunYam said…
holy smokes jul--did you take these photos? soooo lovely.
katherine said…
oh to escape this land and go somewhere enchanted! i love these photos!! you have such a talent friend!! ps, i miss you!!!
The Kyles said…
What beautiful pictures! Jeff and I really want to go to France, and your blog just makes me want to go all the more. Great job on the photography too! By the way, your daughter is hilarious when she's tired. She made me laugh yesterday, she was being so goofy :)
Ann said…
Tres bien, Juliann. C'est manifique! Okay, that's about all I remember from 4 years of french. But you are an incredible photographer! Wow, I felt like I was on vacation for a moment. Thanks for sharing!
Lady G said…
Jule-you seriously left out the best part of the whole France trip! The awesome band and the dance we all had with the hobo we met in the park! That was better than all the pain au chocolat and french yogurt we (or at least I) ate while we were there!

seriously, i couldn't have picked funner people to hang with for a week. seriously.

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies