Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

Day 0, again.

A good friend, Kenyon, celebrated his birthday yesterday in the hospital. . . getting a stem cell transplant. See that bag of stuff above the balloon? Those are his brother's stem cells that will now be his and give him a second chance at life. He's been battling the CML type of Leukemia for a little over a year now and they have all the courage and faith in the world that this treatment will work and he'll be better forever but it takes a long time to get there. His wife, Annie, is one of my oldest and dearest friends and is documenting the whole process on her blog to keep friends and family and other Leukemia patients up on his progress. It's already been a touching and harrowing journey to follow.

We wish you all the best, guys. Hang in there, Kenyon!

P.S. Did I mention Kenyon was nice enough to help us move only weeks before hitting the hospital? Those Saturdays are even more precious when you realize you're going to spending the next year of them in bed! So, thanks!

Comments

Unknown said…
You are sweet! That is a great post and we appreciate all the love and support out there.
Kristine said…
this whole thing is really crazy/amazing/scary etc. i'm happy that you two are such good friends!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies