Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

A blag about my friend, Ann. . .


Look at this fabulous idea from Ann. While visiting her Grandma Dolly in Vernal (is that right, Ann?) she decided to take some pictures around the house. . . what a brilliant way to document the lives of someone you love! And these pictures will help keep this an important place in their family history for years to come. Here's something Ann said that sums up her little photo essay:
I love the scent of her fresh clean bath towels and the blooming lilac bushes, the sound of her creaky floors and doors, and the sight of my Grandpa's hats hanging in the hallway. For me, its refreshing to be in a place that doesn't change much and has had the same phone number since before I was born. . .

Comments

Ann said…
How can I not comment on this post! I was hoping to see some fun house update pics and my Grandma's house came up! Thanks for blag. I love that place!

You are the inspiration for it as I've loved seeing all the fun details of your new old house. Keep them coming!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies