Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

Young @ Heart

I saw Gene Shallot's movie review for this movie this morning on the Today Show (of course). . . I usually don't agree with his movie reviews AT ALL but this one I think he got right and I can hardly wait to see it. . .

This will make you laugh. . .

And this will make you cry. . .

Comments

April said…
ugh, I have to come back later because some little boy that I know unplugged our computer speakers and I can't get them to work again :(
p.s. today I made a sheet of toll house choc chip cookies and ate them all myself.
hOLLIANN said…
That's awesome! I graduated with Gerontology as my emphasis- I love it!
April said…
ok, I will totally go see young @ heart!! That is awesome!
katherine said…
ok jul, a few things. i was supposed to laugh at the first one, but it made me cry - it was so sweet, and then i bawled, BAWLED, at the second one. i love that song. man, what a different perspective! ok, then, i will go and see that movie with you while the boys watch the girls, and then (last thing), when we are old and gray we need to be in YOUNG AT HEART. pretty sure we would rock people socks off. april, you need to come too!
The Kyles said…
Young at Heart looks fantastic. I want to join that choir when I grow up. Once again, thanks for another awesome post!
Dainon. said…
Aha. I saw 'em perform in the SLC. Even better than the movie, but it was close!

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies