Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

things i'm glad we did for the holidays







  • Send out Baby Announcements. . . finally!
  • decorate for Christmas
  • host my sister-in-law and her three kids for a couple weeks
  • take photos with Santa
  • go to Seattle to spend Christmas with my family (this will get its own list in a subsequent post)
  • read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
  • read No Country for Old Men by Cormac McArthy
  • put away Lucy's 0-3 month clothes. . . no one prepared me that this might be emotional
  • host New Year's Party
    • Guitar Hero on Wii
    • Chocolate Fountain
    • easiest hors d'oeuvre that never fails to please: frozen meatballs and BBQ sauce in a crockpot. . . I'm almost embarressed to tell people how easy this is when the rave about it
    • Lots of friends
    • Martinelli's toast at midnight
    • a balloon drop at midnight
    • make your own party hats
    • Blueprint calendars in cd jewel cases for all guests
** list items in this color are shown in photos above **

Comments

Unknown said…
if i haven't told you - i loved your baby announcements and everyone who has seen them loves them. so darling.
that little lucy is adorable. we need to see her again soon.

also- clever calendar idea. i will have to check that one out.
April said…
oh I love your baby announcement! Did you design them? So cute, I love letterpress.
katherine said…
oh jul, that party never fails. i kept my party hat this year too, i think i will have to pull it out for special occasions!
katherine said…
ps, i love lucy's face in the santa photo, is that from the ward party? that santa looks a little scary in those glasses! how funny!
Sara said…
super cute announcements! where did you get them printed? I have designed a couple of cards, but am at a loss as to how to print....

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies