Friday, January 11, 2008

some of the fun things we did in Seattle at christmas


This deserves a list of its own. . .
  • Seattle Art Museum's Olympic Sculpture Park (*photo from their website*)
  • Archie McPhee's, where my dad stocks up on the funniest stocking stuffers . . . like the yodeling pickle Mike got in his stocking this year and these cute little Russ bean bags I couldn't resist
  • Boeing Tour This factory is the largest building in the world by volume, completely mind-boggling. (*photo from their website*)
  • Cupcake Royale in Ballard. MMMMmmmmm. And we HAD to pick up a little hat for Lu that says "Baby Cake" on it.
  • Lots of fun with cousins and family. . . obviously Max and Lucy enjoyed it.
  • The Donut House in Anacortes (it's bright lavender, you can't miss it) with Big Foot donuts
  • Ferry ride and day trip to San Juan Island with my mom and dad
  • The cute little Santa doll is the perfect size for Lu to hold and play with. It's from a company called Under the Nile that makes organic cotton products from Egypt. Cool. Found at a cute little children's boutique in Friday Harbor.
  • Dim Sum in Seattle's International District (we used to call it Chinatown, but now I guess it is so much more than that)
  • Hamburgers at a favorite Seattle establishment, Dick's Drive-in
  • Rolled cookies with mom
  • Ate most of said cookies
  • Rainforest Cafe with all the kids
  • Opened lots of fun gifts
  • I should mention, I won one of the games of Settlers. . . that never happens! But, oh, it feels good when it does.
  • The 5 Spot restaurant on Queen Anne hill . . . the Andouille Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup was unforgettable, but unfortunately it won't be there forever! They rotate the menu and highlight foods from different regions around the country.

2 comments:

April said...

Oh I love those little beanbags (they kind of remind me of LondonMummy's owl)! And I think we need to take a trip downtown to Mini's for some pretty cupcakes (Kat can quit W.W. for one day)! I need to know how you do a collage for your blog, and I LOVED the cute comment you left me, it's my all time favorite one! And - are you lovin' Mike's buff bod (I haven't seen it but I know that CrossFit tears em up!)???

April said...

p.s. I forgot to tell you that we own Settlers and we have the Cities & Knights extension. I'm so competitive that we haven't played it for awhile.