Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

some of the fun things we did in Seattle at christmas


This deserves a list of its own. . .
  • Seattle Art Museum's Olympic Sculpture Park (*photo from their website*)
  • Archie McPhee's, where my dad stocks up on the funniest stocking stuffers . . . like the yodeling pickle Mike got in his stocking this year and these cute little Russ bean bags I couldn't resist
  • Boeing Tour This factory is the largest building in the world by volume, completely mind-boggling. (*photo from their website*)
  • Cupcake Royale in Ballard. MMMMmmmmm. And we HAD to pick up a little hat for Lu that says "Baby Cake" on it.
  • Lots of fun with cousins and family. . . obviously Max and Lucy enjoyed it.
  • The Donut House in Anacortes (it's bright lavender, you can't miss it) with Big Foot donuts
  • Ferry ride and day trip to San Juan Island with my mom and dad
  • The cute little Santa doll is the perfect size for Lu to hold and play with. It's from a company called Under the Nile that makes organic cotton products from Egypt. Cool. Found at a cute little children's boutique in Friday Harbor.
  • Dim Sum in Seattle's International District (we used to call it Chinatown, but now I guess it is so much more than that)
  • Hamburgers at a favorite Seattle establishment, Dick's Drive-in
  • Rolled cookies with mom
  • Ate most of said cookies
  • Rainforest Cafe with all the kids
  • Opened lots of fun gifts
  • I should mention, I won one of the games of Settlers. . . that never happens! But, oh, it feels good when it does.
  • The 5 Spot restaurant on Queen Anne hill . . . the Andouille Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup was unforgettable, but unfortunately it won't be there forever! They rotate the menu and highlight foods from different regions around the country.

Comments

April said…
Oh I love those little beanbags (they kind of remind me of LondonMummy's owl)! And I think we need to take a trip downtown to Mini's for some pretty cupcakes (Kat can quit W.W. for one day)! I need to know how you do a collage for your blog, and I LOVED the cute comment you left me, it's my all time favorite one! And - are you lovin' Mike's buff bod (I haven't seen it but I know that CrossFit tears em up!)???
April said…
p.s. I forgot to tell you that we own Settlers and we have the Cities & Knights extension. I'm so competitive that we haven't played it for awhile.

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies