Let's peel back these layers!

Image
juliannlaw Here is a closeup of the endpapers in my debut picture book, THE WORKD’S LONGEST SOCK. I work digitally in Adobe Photoshop but the program doesn’t do it all for me! I knit all the pixels by hand! Haha! I do have things I do to help me work quickly and efficiently, though, like using layers. Here you get to see me take off those layers one by one till we are back at nothing but a background. The World's Longest Sock is now available on  Amazon ,  Barnes and Noble ,  Target , or wherever you  buy books !

Title Page


Title
Originally uploaded by juliannmarie.
This is the title page for the book we put together for my family for Christmas. Hubby wrote it and I illustrated it. It was a fun project and took us about a week from start to finish under a tight deadline. It had to be ordered by the 17th in order to be printed, bound, shipped and received by Christmas . . . we made it, but just barely. Now why couldn't I have done that months ago and saved myself some stress? Maybe next year. I also vow to have Christmas cards and labels printed and ready by sometime next October.

Visit flickr to see other images from the book. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. We printed it through Snapfish and the printing quality and resolution were terrific. It printed a little darker than I expected so I'll take that into account next time and the cover has a cut out square to reveal the image of the title page. It printed maybe a 1/4 or 1/8th of an inch closer to the binding than the preview image showed, so mine looks slightly off center. But those are my only complaints.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another idea for valentine's day

if these old walls could speak. . .

hospital buddies